- Apply and be approved by Maven to be a member
- Be at least 21 years old
- Possess a valid, U.S. state issued driver's license which is not suspended, revoked or restricted
- Must have a valid credit or debit card (no gift cards)
- Meet the eligibility requirements in the Member Agreement
- Accept the Lease/ Rental Agreement Terms and Conditions
- Read and accept General Motor’s Privacy Statement
(i) Driving while operator’s license is restricted, suspended, revoked or denied;
(ii) Vehicular manslaughter, negligent homicide, felonious driving or felony with a vehicle;
(iii) Operating a vehicle while impaired, under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs, or refusing a sobriety test;
(iv) Failure to stop or identify after a crash (includes leaving the scene of a crash; hit and run; giving false information to an officer);
(v) Eluding or attempting to elude a law enforcement officer;
(vi) Traffic violations resulting in death or serious injury; or
(vii) Any other significant violation warranting restriction or suspension of license;
Reserving a Maven Gig Car
Step 2: Download the Maven app and create a Maven Gig account.
1. Note, you must create a Maven Gig account if you are a new Maven member and want to reserve a car for commercial use.
**Please have your driver's license and credit card information handy at the time of account creation.***
2. If you have a Maven City account already, you can enroll in Maven Gig by tapping the "More" button and selecting "Switch to Maven Gig."
Step 3: Please verify your account by clicking on the link in the verification email. Note: This step is required in order to complete your enrollment process.
Step 4: Once your account has been approved, sign into your account from your Maven app and reserve a vehicle.
Step 5: At the time of reservation, we will put a hold on your card on file, equal to one week’s rental + taxes, fees and incidental charges. Note: This is a hold on the funds, no money is taken from your account.
Step 6: Follow directions in the reservation confirmation email to pick up your car at the designated date and time.
Step 7: We will be providing you a Certificate of Insurance (COI) with your name and vehicle VIN details for signing up with various ridesharing and delivery platforms; this will be available within 24-48 hours and will be emailed to teh address you created your account with. Note: The email will come from email@example.com.
A credit card pre-authorization equal to one week’s rental + taxes, fees and incidental charges.
- A credit card pre-authorization equal to one week’s rental + taxes and incidental fees will be required at the time of reservation.
- You will be billed weekly. The billing week is from 5 a.m. on Monday to 4:59 a.m. the following Monday. Charges will be prorated after the first week.
- You will see two credit transactions:
1. One on the day you create your reservation. This is a temporary authorization*, not an actual charge on your card (this will be equivalent to a week's rental + taxes and fees).
2. The second transaction is an actual charge that takes place during our normal billing cycle on the following Thursday. This will be a pro-rated charge for your first week based on the number of days within the week you were in the reservation.
- You are responsible for the weekly cost of the car while the car is in your possession. The only way to avoid future charges is to return the car back to Maven.
*Note: Maven uses temporary authorizations as a standard security measure to confirm your method of payment. This is normal for credit card processing systems and when Maven releases the temporary authorization it may take 1-5 days for your account to reflect the availability of the funds. Pre-paid cards, gift cards, and virtual cards are not accepted forms of payment.
- Simply login to the Maven app and Click on Select vehicle to view available vehicle options and make a reservation.
- At the time of reservation, we will put a hold on your card on file, equal to one week’s rental + taxes, fees and incidental charges.
- Open the Maven App.
- Enter your email address as your username.
- Click on forgot password.
- You will receive an email with password reset directions.
Step 1: Open the Maven app.
Step 2: Sign in to your Maven Account.
Step 3: Click on Reservations.
Step 4: View and edit your reservations.
Please note, reservations cancelled within 24 hours of pick up time will be charged one day’s rental fees.
Maven Gig Cars
- Chevrolet Cruze
- Chevrolet Malibu
- Chevrolet Impala
- Chevrolet Trax
- Chevrolet Bolt EV
Let's Drive - Information for Members in Reservation
If you notice any problems, please inform the Maven Associate on site and ensure any pre-existing damage is accurately captured on the vehicle condition report. You don't want to be held responsible for damage you didn't cause, so please don't forget to check at the start of the reservation.
The condition report will be referenced and updated when the vehicle is returned.
What if I don't pay it? If you do not pay a ticket, we will be notified and charge you a $20 processing fee plus applicable taxes. Additionally, you are responsible for the cost of the ticket. If we can, we will redirect the violation to you. If we can't redirect it, we will pay the fine, along with any late fees and bill the total to your account. Other fines or membership suspension can also result, so please pay the ticket when you get it.
Can I dispute it? If you wish to contest a violation and the issuing municipality allows it, be sure to do so promptly! If we receive a notice in the mail, and you have yet to dispute the ticket with the issuing municipality, we will automatically bill your account for the amount of the violation, plus the processing fee.
Request a police officer create a written report of the incident. Report vehicle damages. Avoid admitting fault or blaming others.
Take photos and videos, especially license plate numbers and specific damage to vehicles. Collect driver and passenger names, insurance info, makes and models of vehicles, contact info of eyewitnesses, the location of the accident as well as the names and badge numbers of reporting police officers.
If the car is drivable and in need of repairs, call Maven’s agent at 1-800-572-2936 to report the incident. They will direct you to the nearest repair facility. If the car is NOT drivable and in need of tow, please call our Maven agent at 1-800-572-2936 so that we can arrange a tow for you. Failure to report the incident is a violation of the vehicle lease/rental terms and conditions.
If a third party is involved in an accident, please inform them to call Maven’s agent at 1-800-572-2936.
In addition to following the above steps, if the accident occurred while you were on app, some TNC/ delivery platforms may require you to file a claim directly either via the app or by calling a number. In these instances please also follow the instructions provided by the TNC/ Delivery platform you are driving on after calling out Maven agent to file a claim.
We ask all renters to return the car with the same gas level as at the time of pick up to avoid being charged for gas and a refueling service fee.
Returning your Maven
- To view when your car is due for a return, please login to your account and click on Reservations.
- If you would like to return the car sooner, please schedule an appointment via the app.
- Drop off details are included in the app and appointment confirmation email.
To view when your car is due for a return, please login to your account and click on Reservations.
Insurance and Damage
Click here for more details.
Renters are also not responsible for normal wear and tear on the Vehicle.
Before each reservation, we ask you to check the car inside and out and report any damage in the vehicle condition. This ensures that you will not be held responsible for damage that may have happened before your reservation.
If you are at a facility to get a repair done, provide your vehicle info and inform the service manager this is a Maven vehicle. Payment will be made on your behalf via Maven’s Element Fleet Management account.
If the estimated repair time exceeds 24 hours please inform us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of the work order so that we can end your reservation and organize a vehicle swap (dependent on availability).
If the vehicle is not drivable, press the Blue Onstar button near the mirror and request for OnStar Roadside Assistance. Have the vehicle towed to one of the GM dealerships listed in the FAQ card. Please send us an email at email@example.com with details about the issue so we can end your reservation on time.
- At the time of vehicle reservation, Maven does a pre-authorization for the weekly rental amount (including taxes and incidental fees). If the pre-authorization fails, you will be unable to make a reservation.
- The pre-authorization puts a hold on the funds in your account.
- Billing period is from Monday at 5 a.m. to the following Monday at 4:59 a.m. Any charges after the first week will be pro-rated.
We bill in arrears and charge your card on file every Thursday for the previous week. So on Thursdays: we collect the rental charges for the previous week.
As a result you may see two separate transactions on your statement, one is the pre-authorization hold and one is the actual charge.
- If for some reason, your payment fails on a given Thursday, you will be notified and we will attempt to re-bill your card on file the following Monday.
- If we are still unable to collect your weekly rental charges you will have to return your vehicle immediately and you will be subject to additional charges.
As an active renter, Maven will charge your payment method on file for the weekly rental amount + any applicable taxes and fees each week.
Maven does not draw from your ridesharing/delivery earnings.
Any questions regarding your earnings or incentives should be directed to your ridesharing/delivery partner.
If your vehicle was repaired and back in your possession within 24 hours you will not be credited and the weekly rate would still apply.
Contact info for repairs greater than 24 hours: If the estimated repair time exceeds 24 hours please inform us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of the work order to avoid being billed for rental charges while the vehicle is out of service. Our team will contact you to coordinate a swap (based on availability).
Step 2: Click on More at the bottom right corner of the app and then click on "My Info".
Step 3: Select Credit Card, edit details and save it.
Chevrolet Bolt EV
Once you plug in at a charging station, the vehicle cluster will display your estimated charging time to reach a full charge or time to reach 80% battery charge while DC charging.
There are 3 types of charging levels:
Level 1: Basic 120 volt household outlet. There is a charge cord that comes with the Bolt EV that connects to a 3-pronged 120 volt outlet & charges your Bolt EV at up to 4 miles per hour of charge. NOTE: only plug into outlets that have been inspected by a certified electrician. Damage done to outlets, wiring, etc., will not be covered by Maven.
Level 2 “SAE J1772”: Level 2 stations will charge the Bolt EV up to 25 miles per hour of charge. You can filter for Level 2 “public” stations on the Plugshare app.
DC Fast Charging “CCS/SAE”: Most EVgo stations are DC Fast Charging stations, and depending on outside temperature, charge station power, and other factors such as your current battery charge, you can obtain up to 90 miles of range in 30 minutes.
1. Download the Plugshare app
2. Enable location services
3. Filter for ‘High Power Stations’
4. When in need of a charge, look for EVgo DC Fast Charging stations with “CCS/SAE” listed. Your vehicle will come with an EVgo charging card that you will use to initiate the charge sessions. Maven will pay for your charging on EVgo fast charging stations for a limited time only. You may also choose to charge at other provider’s stations (e.g. Chargepoint, Greenlots), but please note: the charging fees at non-EVgo stations are not paid for by Maven. You will need to set up your own account with these companies and pay for the charging session with your credit or debit card.
2. Inform EVgo that you are a Maven customer.
3. Inform EVgo of your card number & VIN.
4. EVgo call center will "remote start" the station with this information.
Charge battery to 80% or higher at the end of your shift in preparation for your next shift.
Fast Charging Stations are generally less crowded before 9 a.m. and after 9 p.m. Monday – Friday.
Your actual range may vary based on several factors including temperature, terrain, and driving technique.
You may want to take a quick 15-30 min break after 4 hours of driving to opportunity charge.
Charging speed at DC Fast Charging stations slows significantly once the battery charge reaches ~80%.
If you are close to running out of charge:
- Exit the highway, if necessary.
- Conserve charge by decreasing speed and turning off climate control.
- Pull over to a safe location.
- Navigate to the closest charging station.
- If necessary, push the blue OnStar button to be routed to the closest charging location.